leaf curling occuring

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
Hello to all,

I was wondering if you gals and guys can help me diagnose some minor leaf curling with my fringed rue? I don't know what mixture it came with, however, I transplanted it into a larger pot, and added what is supposed to be a mix of peat moss, top soil, and compost. I am not sure how high quality the mixture I bought is. It was bagged. Today, I picked it up to look at it closely, and I noticed one white fly. I will be keeping a closer eye for them. By the way, she has grown 5-6 inches since I've had her.

I water it every 2-3 days, just enough to keep the soil moist. I do see new shoots forming on the plant every few days, so there definitely is growth. I have attached an image below for your review.

Your thoughts are always appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
I had a similar problem with a tiny lemon tree. In my case I had to treat my plant against the white fly spraying a solution of smashed garlic, a little of kitchen oil and a bit of dish soap. Moist the leaves with that solution and let it act for a day or so. Then rinse the leaves gently with plenty of water and let it rest for a couple of days (no solution spraying). Repeat 2 times a week until there is no signs of white fly.

Also make sure the plant is not getting excessive sunlight / heat and that you are not watering it too much.

Let me know if this helped you. :)

Regards,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
Ok, although I only saw one white fly, I will try spraying it, and I will get back to you guys in a few days to let you know the results. Thanks for your input.

I don't believe that I have been over watering. I have just been trying to keep the soil moist.

UPDATE: I take that back. I may have over watered early on. Also I may have waited too long to transplant, and when I did, the soil MAY have been packed too tight. As I mentioned in the original post, the new growth looks healthy, so that leads me to believe that the problem may be with the roots. I don't see any spots of any kind on either sides of the leaves to indicate that there is any infestation, pest or disease. The soil is still plenty moist, so I will hold off on watering and I'll watch the amount of sun it is exposed to, until it recovers. I will report back.

Last edited:

Ask a Question