Tomato leaf curling downwards

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello everyone,

I am new to growing tomatos, I failed the first 2 times and this is my 3rd attempt.

My tomato plant upper leaves seem to be curling downwards and slightly inwards around the edges, I attached some pictures.

They are not placed under direct sunlight as temperatures can reach about 32-35 degrees Celsius(89.6-95 fahrenheit). I used liquid fertilisers 10-10-10 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you :)
20160813_151456.jpg
20160813_151509.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
How often do you water?
I repotted 2 weeks ago and watered it once 1 week later. Then once every 3-4 days. As I put it in the shade, the top soil was still damp even after 1 week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I repotted 2 weeks ago and watered it once 1 week later. Then once every 3-4 days. As I put it in the shade, the top soil was still damp even after 1 week.
That's the problem. Don't put it in the shade. Your plants are getting leggy and moving them back and forth changes their environment. Tomatoes love the heat and 95F isn't that hot. Either put them in the ground or into a much larger pot now and leave them alone. Let them dry out until they are slightly wilted in the early morning hours and then thoroughly water them.

Put them into the sunniest location possible

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
This seems to be a viral disease which is responsible for curling in tomato leaves. Viral diseases are spread by insects and the most realistic stab at them would be to control insect pests. Another approach would be to uproot the diseased plants and burn them to remove the viruses out of circulation.

Ask a Question