Large Lantana

Reaction score
Country
United States
My problem is I have seen some very large lantana an seen them come back I can not get one to grow very large it just does get up off the ground. I want mines to look like a bush help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome @Annie Artis . Can you share where in the US you live and what the growing conditions for your lantana are? Maybe some photos? There are some very knowledgeable gardeners here who should be able to help, with a bit more information to go on. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
One factor to consider is which species and cultivar of Lantana is being grown. Some varieties are large upright shrubs, while others are low dwarf or trailing plants, such as the popular Lavender (or White) Trailing Lantana (Lantana montevidensis).

For a larger Lantana, seek out the older, classic cultivar Lantana camara 'Miss Huff', which should reach to six feet or more, in a frost-free climate.

Lantana is large genus in the Vervain Family (Verbenaceae), with over one hundred species and almost pantropical distribution.
Various species of Lantana are native to the southern U.S., Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, Africa, and Arabia, with one species (L. indica) native to tropical Asia. The horticulturally popular species of Lantana hail from the New World.

Ask a Question