Kitchen Herb Garden

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Gee Smartmom, why not post questions here and get answers from people who actually have kitchen herb gardens? We are much more trustworthy, not to say experienced, than someone you don't know!
Start with cool season herbs like parsley (the flat-leaf Italian type) and chives. Basil is easy, but can get big, so you may want to have the globe basil which is shorter and denser. Make sure the pots are big enough--those cute little "windowsill herb garden" kits with their itsy-bitsy pots are not the way to go!
You're right in that using herbs in cooking is not only healthier, but also economical.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My kitchen herb garden in in a window box outside my window. It's on the west side of my house and it get's a lot of light. I have sage, thyme, oregano, rosemary, savory, basil, lavender, chives, marjoram, lemon balm, and lemon grass. I'm thinking about planting a curry leaf plant but I'll need another box for that. I also want to try to grow some bamboo and more oriental herbs. There are two windows in my kitchen so I'll probably just end up putting a window box by that window as well.

Ask a Question