The Wartime Kitchen and Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I just found this video on YouTube. It is a documentary about the impact WWII had on the homefront in the UK and concentrates on gardening and food preservation. It's very interesting!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a great fan of the series, we did have the companion series - The Victorian Kitchen Garden in our media thread, but the BBC deleted them due to copyright :(

They've left the Wartime Farm series up though :)

Click Here

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thank you for posting this video! I want to learn how to do more food preservation and canning. I was hoping to do more this year, but just planning for my surgery has taken most of my time this summer. I will keep growing herbs inside all winter and start seeds early next spring inside. Give my garden a better start next year than I did this year. It's definitely a learning experience when you start doing it on your own. I'm trying to remember everything my grandmother taught me, but it's been a long time.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back :)

Hope the surgery goes well (y)

Ask a Question