Jade plant looks bad.

mvona

The butler
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi,
We have a jade plant that is at least 10 years old. We put it outdoors every summer. Oddly enough to me, it seems to do better indoors in the winter. It is outside right now.This year some of the leaves have become mottled and a bit misshapen.
Any hints? pic attached

Thanks,
Mark - just south of Buffalo, NY

Attachments

• Jade 1.JPG
    Jade 1.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 340
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have heard that flowers are very particular. If they are doing good in one spot, don't move them. In your case though, it is odd since you have put them out in the summer before, but is it in the same spot as the years before? I have no idea what happened to the leaves with those brow spots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your spots look like it was watered and the water left on your leaves were burn by the sun. I keep my jades in bright shade, I don't like the look they get being out side in the summer. I have better luck with them in a bright window in the house.

mvona

The butler
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll look for a new location for the plant and watch how well it does.

Ask a Question