white powder on my jade

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A 5B
Country
United States
Hey all! One of my favorite jade plants is having an issue with a white powdery stuff on it. I've googled it and it sounds like it may be a fungus. I'm needing advice on how to get rid of it without killing my jade. Is there a safe fungicide that anyone has used that has worked? I tried milk and also baking soda spray but it only worked to wash it off and after a couple of days the powder came back. I just love this jade and I'd rather lose any eye than my precious jade. Any ideas?
20171010_112044.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hard to tell from the photo, but looks similar to a fungus that infected my kalenchoe. I defeated it the first time by cleaning it off as it appeared, for about a week. A couple months later it came back, and I couldnt get rid of it before it had destroyed most of the leaves. Hope you have better luck than I did - if at all possible try and contact a local greenhouse if theyre still open, usually they can help and supply the fungicide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sounds like a powdery mold try moving it to more sun and watering less it less. Mine get they way when I bring them back into the house every fall, I with hold water for about a month and it clears up.

Ask a Question