United Kingdom
8C7F7FFA-C24C-45EA-94C7-47B147865687.jpeg
0CC2DB40-DBCC-4913-9CFE-613F2958A736.jpeg
D021F799-927D-48FD-AEC6-717903444639.jpeg
90310D48-6AAE-4EAD-A9CC-E09015A53A15.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi! Looking at the soil and the wrinkling leaves made me wonder if it was being over/underwatered. Check the roots to make sure everything is okay down there and it's not root rot. If everything is okay then she might be thirsty. Regarding the white patch, it might be fungus, is it warm/dry where the plant is located?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! Looking at the soil and the wrinkling leaves made me wonder if it was being over/underwatered. Check the roots to make sure everything is okay down there and it's not root rot. If everything is okay then she might be thirsty. Regarding the white patch, it might be fungus, is it warm/dry where the plant is located?
Hi thanks for you response,
The Jade plant has been under watered it’s south facing window and it’s been a bit of a heat wave, so probably need to water more. The humidity is about 50% and yes the room where its placed is warm it’s my office.
Good idea about checking for root rot i could do with changing the soil anyway. Is it best to change the soil with succulent soil mix or just normal compost?

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi thanks for you response,
The Jade plant has been under watered it’s south facing window and it’s been a bit of a heat wave, so probably need to water more. The humidity is about 50% and yes the room where its placed is warm it’s my office.
Good idea about checking for root rot i could do with changing the soil anyway. Is it best to change the soil with succulent soil mix or just normal compost?
Succulent Soil Mix will do the trick! Hope this helps and your plant recovers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd go for a bigger pot too, the bigger the pot the more stable the temperature and water content. The new young growth at the base looks good and healthy, but wrinkles on the leaves looks like under watering. It must have got pretty warm for a bit, that is quite unusual for jade plants, usually it is the opposite and the leaves plump up and then start to leak little spots of liquid. The common name of 'Money plant' is supposed to be because if it is in a house where everyone is busy and making money it gets ignored, and it likes that, but maybe not quite that much. A nice big pot and leave it be.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi every one thanks for your tips will be implamenting all of them in the coming weeks I have brought some new succulent soil and have done an inspection of the roots to make sure it hasn’t got any root rot, I don’t think it has but the roots are like twigs and are dark. They also smell really earthly is the only way i can describe it.
I’m not sure if that’s the old soil the previous owner had it for a long time without changing the soil.
So not sure if there is something more I can do.

Attachments

• 887C2D8B-A4BE-4A5C-9F95-8730F03EC714.jpeg
    887C2D8B-A4BE-4A5C-9F95-8730F03EC714.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 57C8DDB2-AA8E-44AE-BF48-69295085B16F.jpeg
    57C8DDB2-AA8E-44AE-BF48-69295085B16F.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 6
  • BE28350E-73D7-4CEF-A662-BA10D6C20537.jpeg
    BE28350E-73D7-4CEF-A662-BA10D6C20537.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi every one thanks for your tips will be implamenting all of them in the coming weeks I have brought some new succulent soil and have done an inspection of the roots to make sure it hasn’t got any root rot, I don’t think it has but the roots are like twigs and are dark. They also smell really earthly is the only way i can describe it.
I’m not sure if that’s the old soil the previous owner had it for a long time without changing the soil.
So not sure if there is something more I can do.
The most common reason why soil may begin to smell is due to anaerobic activity. This can be caused by various factors, such as bad aeration or over watering. Potting soil can smell bad because of factors such as bad drainage and lack of oxygen which leads to the anaerobic decomposition of organic material. This can lead to the production of bad-smelling gases such as ammonia and hydrogen sulfide. Soil should have an earthy scent and any variations from this should be checked.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be tempted to do a bit of propagating as a back up. It's simple enough, a leaf stuck in the soil will usually root, and if your main plant makes it through and is okay you can give them away.

Ask a Question