Issues with indoor potted mint

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi all,

I recently got a potted mint plant that I am growing indoors, and it's facing several issues.

First, when I brought it home I realised that it has really tiny black dots on some of the leaves. Some of the leaves are black around the very edges as well.

Second, I recently noticed there's a chunk of several leaves missing. Plus 2 mushrooms have grown in the pot.

I would appreciate any advice on the cause of the black spots, how to get rid of whatever's been eating the plant as well as the mushrooms. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20190722_174741.jpg
    20190722_174741.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 20190722_174841.jpg
    20190722_174841.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20190722_174931.jpg
    20190722_174931.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 191
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi all,

I recently got a potted mint plant that I am growing indoors, and it's facing several issues.

First, when I brought it home I realised that it has really tiny black dots on some of the leaves. Some of the leaves are black around the very edges as well.

Second, I recently noticed there's a chunk of several leaves missing. Plus 2 mushrooms have grown in the pot.

I would appreciate any advice on the cause of the black spots, how to get rid of whatever's been eating the plant as well as the mushrooms. Thanks in advance!
You have no serious problems. The mushroom is just helping break down organic matter in the soil. It will go away in a day or two. The brown spots have occurred because of under/over watering in the past. Also in the past either an insect or a caterpillar took a bite of leaf but now appears to be gone. I don't know what you have in the way of insecticides in Singapore, but, if you can get a product with spinosad as its active ingredient it kills caterpillars and insects. Plus, it is also organic, harmless to people and pets.

Ask a Question