Indoor plant issues.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been indoor gardening for a while now and I really need some advice. I try very hard to keep my plant's bug free, I give them air circulation, they've got fresh water when needed, and they are usually very healthy before they get eaten up by hundreds of pests! What are these bugs on my plants and how do I get rid of them! I don't have them year round, I find it's mostly near summer time... Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What do they look like?
I can say from my own experience that most pests hate dishsoap. Whenever I notice some nasty little creatures on my miniature roses, I wash them off with water and soap. It always works:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm curious about specifics as well, as I would have different advice for you depending on what bugs are giving you trouble. Always frustrating to deal with once you've put effort into your plants only to have pests attack.

Reaction score
What do they look like?
I can say from my own experience that most pests hate dishsoap. Whenever I notice some nasty little creatures on my miniature roses, I wash them off with water and soap. It always works:)
What kind of dish soap do you use and what is your concentration? I have had some bug issues, not ruining the plants, but I do not like having bugs indoors and would like to get rid of them if they come around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What kind of dish soap do you use and what is your concentration? I have had some bug issues, not ruining the plants, but I do not like having bugs indoors and would like to get rid of them if they come around.
I don't have a favorite brand of dish soap, I just use what my mother buys.
As for proportions, I take a cotton ball, moist it with water and then put two or three drops of dish soap on it. Washing every leaf of my plants is time-consuming, but it's the best method I've tried.

Ask a Question