Is My Lavender Growing?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

New to the forum and new to growing lavender. I planted several pots indoors with a munstead breed about 40 days ago. I began to see some seedlings around the 14 day mark that appeared to look like what I found on google for baby lavender sprouts, but the sprouts have recently changed into what looks like a clover with really weak stems. I used some bagged potting soil mixed with a sandy mix from a pile at my house so I am worried that I may be growing something other than lavender from that pile now. I have not been able to find what an intermediate lavender plant looks like in the 40-60 days range after sowing. Can anyone tell me if what I am seeing is my lavender or is this just a weed? (Pictures attached)

Thanks!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Looks more like Oxalis than Lavender i'm afraid :(

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @mpetronek welcome to GS (y)….sorry but @zigs is right...I've got a large lavender and also had 3 smaller ones and these are nothing like how they are even from young.:(

Here's mine to give you a rough idea being as your growing them :)

Attachments

• SDC15853.JPG
    SDC15853.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 195
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
@mpetronek I am now just come across the same problem with you. I am wondering if my plants are lavender or something else. They look exactly the same like yours. I would like to know if yours turn out a lavender or other plants? Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your lavender has not germinated. Those seedlings are clover (oxalis)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

New to the forum and new to growing lavender. I planted several pots indoors with a munstead breed about 40 days ago. I began to see some seedlings around the 14 day mark that appeared to look like what I found on google for baby lavender sprouts, but the sprouts have recently changed into what looks like a clover with really weak stems. I used some bagged potting soil mixed with a sandy mix from a pile at my house so I am worried that I may be growing something other than lavender from that pile now. I have not been able to find what an intermediate lavender plant looks like in the 40-60 days range after sowing. Can anyone tell me if what I am seeing is my lavender or is this just a weed? (Pictures attached)

Thanks!

View attachment 50710View attachment 50711View attachment 50712View attachment 50713

LOL those are clovers silly. Lavender takes very long to germinate, make sure they are in a dark room with temp about 70, with a nice breeze they don’t like too much humidity when their seedlings and germinating.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Clover and oxalis are two seperate types of plants. They look similar but are not. The biggest difference is that clover is a legume and oxalis is not. Oxalis has heart shaped leaves and clover leaves are rounded and have tiny teeth on the leaf margins. The pictures are of clover, probably white clover. Attached link is lavender

Ask a Question