Is it okay to put my spider plant outdoors for the time being?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I keep hearing about spider plants. What does it look like? Is it very easy to grow?
Spider plants look like this:

13308WH.JPG

They're very easy to grow. My mother has at least ten of them, I see them in every room in our house;) In my opinion they're kind of pretty, but I wouldn't want to keep them in my room, because I prefer roses:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Spider plants look like this:

13308WH.JPG

They're very easy to grow. My mother has at least ten of them, I see them in every room in our house;) In my opinion they're kind of pretty, but I wouldn't want to keep them in my room, because I prefer roses:)

Thanks, Claudine! I see plants like this one in our office. Now, I know what it is called. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thanks, Claudine! I see plants like this one in our office. Now, I know what it is called. :D
I'm glad I could help. In my area, spider plants are very popular too. Everyone grows them. I remember I saw them in my school when I was a kid.
To be honest, I don't understand why people like them so much;)

Reaction score
We had lots of house plants growing up. My dad cut a hole in the roof and made the attic into a greenhouse for mom. Every summer we took all her houseplants outside. They thrived. Yes, your spider plant will do fine outside. It loves the sun. Sometimes my mom would plant the spider plants in a garden for the summer and they grew like crazy then.

Ask a Question