Intro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and to gardening! I have a lot to learn and excited to get our garden started! A My husband and i have been in our home 2 years. We are trying to redo our yard. It has taken some time because the previous owners had things everywhere! We have had to completely redo everything. Plus everything that was planted was nothing i would have picked! We have a small yard. We want to build some raised beds and grow some fruits and veggies! I started growing seeds for the flowers for our front yard that sits on a slope. We still have to till it, so i was hoping growing from seed would allow plenty of time for the plants to grow until the soil and beds are are ready for them, but from what i have read they have to be grown inside starting in January? We are doing some creeping thyme, daisies, lavender and candy tuft! Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you @KKosy87. When you start your plants depends on the climate you live in so if you add that information to your profile under the avatar members will be able to answer your questions.(y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was not sure how to edit, but i am in Maryland zone 7. We had a pretty mild winter, but spring is really starting to warm up now! MD weather is so crazy (especially spring time). One day it is freezing, the next it's in the 80's

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

ManoaRain

It's too dang hot
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with the yard, I can only imagine how exciting that has got to be. I don't know anything about starting seeds indoors, tropical climate and all, but I've heard earlier is better :)

Ask a Question