My Intro (from the Bronx, NY)

JardinDelBronx

ROARRRR!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello,

My name is Araceli, and I live in the Bronx, NY. I am a California native, I've been in NY for almost 7 years. I never gardened when I was living in California but now that I am in NY, I am attempting to maintain a garden. It has been a complete nightmare that I've thoroughly enjoyed. I want to continue to garden as long as I have breath in my lungs, but I want to be smart about it because I can't afford to continue to make so many rookie gardening mistakes (literally, cannot afford it!).

I am here because I want to learn from everyone as much as possible. I know that everything I'm trying to do in the garden...someone else has already done or tried to do. So if I can save myself a little trouble, I'd really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Araceli (aka JardinDelBronx)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. :)
What are you growing? What specific problems are you having?

That's quite a move, from California to NYC!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Araceli - great to have you here :). Welcome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It has been a complete nightmare that I've thoroughly enjoyed.
:LOL::ROFLMAO:Welcome Araceli. I really enjoyed your intro and believe me, i can relate. The people on this site are so nice. There are some new gardeners and some experienced gardeners and we are all learning and sharing information and experiences together with humor and respect. There are no dumb questions, so don't hesitate:)

JardinDelBronx

ROARRRR!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi. :)
What are you growing? What specific problems are you having?

That's quite a move, from California to NYC!

Hi Beth_B,

My main problem is a squirrel problem that I've been dealing for the past 3 years. I have tried many different methods to deter them from digging up seeds/seedlings. I think sometimes it's been cats and raccoons digging in the containers as well.

I think I need to start a new topic in the forum to explain the whole situation. I'll do that now and see if I can tag you in it.

Thanks!
-Araceli

JardinDelBronx

ROARRRR!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:LOL::ROFLMAO:Welcome Araceli. I really enjoyed your intro and believe me, i can relate. The people on this site are so nice. There are some new gardeners and some experienced gardeners and we are all learning and sharing information and experiences together with humor and respect. There are no dumb questions, so don't hesitate:)
I'm glad to hear that, because I have many questions :LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hiya JardinDelBronx, I myself have just joined and thoroughly enjoying it :). As has been said before, we are all always learning, that's the joy of gardening I think and we learn from our mistakes but isn't it great to have opinions and help from all over the world in this forum? Looking forward to seeing what you have coming up this season. :)

Ask a Question