Indoor 'Greenhouses'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm looking for indoor greenhouses to give my houseplants the humidity they require. I, unfortunately, live in a very dry house and my plants have been drastically declining this winter. I do not own this house and live with other people who want the house dry. I have a humidifier and the space for a set-up.

I have thought about the ones that Ikea sells, but I want to make sure that they are long-lasting. I also would like something more affordable but am willing to invest in something more durable if need be. I have lost too many plants that I have had for several years and it's making me super sad. :( I want my plants to be healthy again...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hey! I also live in an apartment with dry air in winter. It has central heating and the house is hot. I have many plants that need high humidity. I solved the problem simply. I bought large plastic flower boxes without holes for draining water. I poured expanded clay on the bottom and poured some water. Expanded clay is always wet. I put pots with plants on expanded clay. Several pots in each box. Everything is growing well.

Ask a Question