Indoor potted lemon tree - discoloration, withering

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, finally reaching out on behalf of my beloved lemon tree. She's about 5 years old, grown from a seed in my kitchen, and never grafted for fruiting.

We live in NYC - indoor all winter and out on the terrace in the summer. Summers are great, every winter there are what I think are spider-mites - usually every few days I use dish soap and water to wipe them off the leaves and remove the little "spider webs".

For some time the leaves have just been sad, drooping, and also yellowy and discolored - almost like tie dye. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd love to bring her back!

IMG_5970.jpg
IMG_5969.jpg
IMG_5971.jpg
IMG_5972.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your plant is suffering from a severe nutrient deficiency, mainly magnesium and possibly iron. I would feed the plant with a good organic fertilizer first. Then use Chelated Iron plus a couple of handfuls of Epsom Salts. For the mites use a product like Safer Soap followed by a Neem Oil spray.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you very much! I'll get to work on this and hopefully will update again when it's on the mend.
Your plant is suffering from a severe nutrient deficiency, mainly magnesium and possibly iron. I would feed the plant with a good organic fertilizer first. Then use Chelated Iron plus a couple of handfuls of Epsom Salts. For the mites use a product like Safer Soap followed by a Neem Oil spray.

Ask a Question