I'm baaaaaacckk!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I saw on here many, many years ago, back when it started!! I remember getting a lot of information here, met some nice people too! Now I'm retired, doing a lot more gardening than I was, I'm back!! Of course, I have forgotten all my logon info, so I'm starting out fresh again. How long are posts kept? Just wondering if any of mine are still around!!??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Who were you before? You were here long before me.

It is starting to pick up a little bit.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who were you before? You were here long before me.

It is starting to pick up a little bit.
I thought I was "NiftyNabber", but there doesn't seem to be anything here anymore. Earliest post I saw was 4/2012, I was here before that! I posted some in Vermiculture, Vegetable Growing, Greenhouse, and LED Lights. I remember a "SuzyQ", a "Chuck" and a "MaryMary". I see a MaryMary now, her picture looks familiar.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well welcome back. @Chuck is still here. Maybe he remembers. Looks like he joined in 2014. Are you sure it was earlier than 2012?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is no record of NiftyNabber nor your avatar and I searched the Vegetables forum all the way back to the beginning. If I am not mistaken I think Gardening Forums started about 1 March 2012. Perhaps @Ian can tell us the date.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is no record of NiftyNabber nor your avatar and I searched the Vegetables forum all the way back to the beginning. If I am not mistaken I think Gardening Forums started about 1 March 2012. Perhaps @Ian can tell us the date.
Yeah, it was way back there! My avatar is new, I think I used a caricature of myself. I seem to remember that the site was originally not a member of an organized group of forums. I seem to remember there being some heated discussion about joining another group, fears about copy rights, photo credit, stuff like that. I didn't get too involved in that. At that time, I was exploring Vermiculture. I thought it was funny that some members were worried about copy rights when all we were talking about were worms!!!

I learned how to grow garlic in this forum! I started a thread, something like, "Help! I want to grow garlic!!" As it turned out, the thread ended up covering my 1st year growing garlic. I got lots of help and advice. The thread had a lot of mine, and other's pictures and experiences. It was a good time!!

Last edited:

jose_ramirez

Landscape Design Company
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I saw on here many, many years ago, back when it started!! I remember getting a lot of information here, met some nice people too! Now I'm retired, doing a lot more gardening than I was, I'm back!! Of course, I have forgotten all my logon info, so I'm starting out fresh again. How long are posts kept? Just wondering if any of mine are still around!!??
Hey NiftyNabber, Welcome to the forum again :)

Ask a Question