Country
United States
Peaches had 3 babies today.

big rockpile

IMG_20231012_111009_01.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a beautiful little dog she is - can we have a look at the little ones please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most people want stuff for nothing. I would never buy a puppy. All of my dogs have been rescued, and I used to work with the Yorkshire terrier and small breeds rescue. I managed to re-home 30 little dogs then. One of those was a Pomeranian - although the poor little thing was impossible to identify at the time. He was called George, and had been locked up with two cats in a cage without food and water in their own mess while their owner slowly died in her bed. The cruel son then took the animals to the vet and told him to put them down. Of course the vet helped them, and I took the little damaged dog from there.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a Coon Hound one time. Guy offered me thousand dollars for him. I wouldn't take it.

Couple days later I come home from work and all my dogs were gone.

My dad had dealings with his brother. Bought a load of Firewood. Come home couple days later. Wood was gone and so was Dads Chainsaw.

I took Dad a load of wood.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found a very happy home for little George. He was the picture of health when he left here. I used to get a happy photo of him every Christmas in the post. That was years ago 😌

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I had a Coon Hound one time. Guy offered me thousand dollars for him. I wouldn't take it.

Couple days later I come home from work and all my dogs were gone.

My dad had dealings with his brother. Bought a load of Firewood. Come home couple days later. Wood was gone and so was Dads Chainsaw.

I took Dad a load of wood.

big rockpile
A good coon hound dog will be a target to steal. Hope any of the dogs did not go for bate dogs, but for what they are breed for. Sad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We would travel a lot with our GSD. And if we stopped somewhere for lunch, car was always under the shade and in the view of a window we sat in. But we would first seek out and outside restaurant to eat at , he was very good just laying at our feet at the table. There are lots of nutty folks out there. @big rockpile .

Reaction score
Country
United States
That a good number for a wee dog like that. Is there a reason you breed her? She is precious.
Her owner says make some money.

I got a Multipoo because nobody wanted him.

Picture of a kid and his last Christmas. Had him operated on twice and Vet said there was nothing he could do. So he was put down.

I took him from my Son. He asked me to take care of him. So I did.

Over year later told him he was going to have to come and get him. Daughter in Law says well he is going to the Pound.

I said no he will stay with me. Year later my Son says I'll come by and get the Dog. No you won't. Why? After all this time he is mine.

big rockpile

63063573784__A8F1B542-6668-4516-A8A0-2B34A99F9E43.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Good choice @big rockpile , it would break the dogs heart to leave you. People do not get that.

Regarding breeding, I have always keep to the sentence, That a "dog should be breed only to better the breed". There are certainly too many out there in rescue /kennel situations when a human does not want them because of their stupid choices. The need to educate humans on pet selection /training/responsibility is so needed.

We just lost our last cat, she would have turned 20 in April. A long years of having cats here. Her mother died November 2022 at age 22 years old. For a while I am done with pets. Not sure when, of if any will get in the future. Nice to take a break to not worry about them, especially as we travel a lot. Prior to cats we had dogs. Still, lots of joyous memories with all of them.

Ask a Question