ice cubes and feeding,

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Greeting earth lovers,
Hope your all well and growing good healthy plants,
Ive been in the garden all day and boy do i need a nice cool drink and a shower,
But ive said many times plants are very much like us humans, ie they need light, /air /water/ warmth/ And feeding,
When its a boiling hot day and the evening are warm it needs a bit of thought how to both water and feed plants in baskets etc,
The water evaporates more or less as soon as it hits the top of the baskets and liquid feeding again needs a bit of thought,

So what ive been doing for years now is to make my own frozen fertilizer cubes, It's a simple idea and all it takes is the fertilizer to be mixed as it would should it be watered in using a watering can, Except once mixed pour the contents into an ice cube container (ive three containers and all have 12 devided sections)
And when filled put them into the freezer or freeze box of your fridge,
When frozen they are ready for use and this is a simple task of deciding how much feed your basket plants need, place the frozen ice cube on top of the compost of the basket (away from plants stems) and it will melt slowly and feed your baskets contents,

Im lucky to have a fridge of my own in my work shop for the storage of bottles of Ale etc and so i dont need to worry about marking the ice cube makers ,
But for saftey sake if you've children then think about making these cubes out of bounds, or if your children are growing fast and looking very healthy?:oops:

Then check your cubes for theft?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Now that's an interesting idea. Plus you're not spraying the plants, you put the water right into the ground.

I assume this works best in the evening.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Ruderrunner,
Thanks for reading the cube idea,
All plants are better fed and watered in the early morning, Or so i was always told due to the way plants need the water and feed to keep them ready to get through the day, ie lack of water works for plants as it works for humans, it you leave a plant to go all day with little or no water it'll suffer, And the ice melts slowly and keeps the already moist soil from its morning watering moist,
Its never a good idea to liquid feed any plants compost/soil when the material is dry

Ask a Question