I dont see any new growth on tomatoe seedlings.

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi! I started my tomatoes from seed (san marzano) 22 days ago and 5 days ago they looked exactly the same. I did had to repot them…I used the same potting soil I used last year. I guess I did iverwater them but I started back off the water about 1 week ago still no growth.

Attachments

• 79988496-2790-4FFE-B4EF-E48D87D64CBB.jpeg
    79988496-2790-4FFE-B4EF-E48D87D64CBB.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would say that they are trying to grow in too cool of temperatures. Both soil and ambient temps. If the soil temps are 13C and lower growth is extremely slow. Soil temps should be 18C and higher for good growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The outside temperature is 25-30 but I just looked it up some night so as low as 10
You need to know when the weather is going to be below 15C and bring the plants inside. You need to get a soil thermometer so you can keep your soil above 18C. Tiny plants like yours need warmth. You may have to also get a propagating mat to ensure that they stay warm enough to grow. Once the plants are large enough and have a better established root system warmth is not as important. I cannot emphasize this enough: Ambient temperatures are super important to tomato plant growth but soil temperature is even more important for growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Should I restart or keep them? They dont look too happy and mature
It won't make any difference if you can't keep the soil warm enough. But, I would restart because those plants are probably already stunted and might not ever become full sized plants.

Ask a Question