My 6 month old snake plant leaves suddenly become yellowish, I dont know why

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have a snake plant in a pot .I put it indoors. After 6 months I suddenly notice its leaves become yellowish, 1616754981409.jpg
1616754981409.jpg

whats seems to be the problem. It looks healthy before

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
You think so?,, maybe I overwatered it, thanks for answering, I thought it needed some sunlight

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
[TE="Mildred, post: 204627, member: 13210"]
You think so?,, maybe I overwatered it, thanks for answering, I thought it needed some sunlight
[/QUOTE]
Yes it does need sunlight also and your welcome.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Best to underwater a snake plant than to over water. They do not like it and will yellow. Air rate the soil by sticking holes in in it with a chop stick or skewer or pencil. Well anything along those lines, it will release moisture from the soil.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Best to underwater a snake plant than to over water. They do not like it and will yellow. Air rate the soil by sticking holes in in it with a chop stick or skewer or pencil. Well anything along those lines, it will release moisture from the soil.
yes I think so too..Ive observed Its healthier when I dont water it too often..thanks for the info

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
yes I think so too..Ive observed Its healthier when I dont water it too often..thanks for the info
You are welcome! I have a few snake plants, sometimes I dont water them for a few weeks. They are fine. Cut the yellowing off, actually they may just pull out. The plant will put the energy back to existing leaves and eventually put out new leaves and a baby snake plant! They grow faster in sunlight.

Ask a Question