I became foster mom of some plants. Help me take care of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Gata, the aloe has been in the sun for a week and a half. I don't know if it was in the sun before that. I'll move it to a better spot. I've been working long hours so I didn't fertilize it yet.

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Gata, the aloe has been in the sun for a week and a half. I don't know if it was in the sun before that. I'll move it to a better spot. I've been working long hours so I didn't fertilize it yet.

Thanks! :)

No problem and am really pleased to hear that you didn't round to giving it fertilizer :)

However I did just realize that I forgot to ask - are the leaves very squashy when you touch them ?

Reaction score
Yes, that is a Christmas Cactus. Christmas cactus's prefer bright, indirect light. Mine was happy on a south facing windowsill but then it died when it was moved to an east facing window.

I think it would also be happy in the shade of a tree, but it is not at all frost hardy.

Reaction score
No, not very squashy. I noticed today that some of the leaves are greener than they were a few days ago.

In that case - it is the sun that has caused the leaves to go brown - so keeping it in bright spot without direct sun from now on - will stop it from happening again - although I do have say that unfortunately once they have turned brown they don't always revert back to their original deep green color - as more often than not you have to wait for new grow to appear before they return to their former glory.

Ask a Question