How to stop things eating my veg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi having a nightmare with something eating my veg mainly in the greenhouse.
Can’t find any obvious suspects but they are causing havoc. Is there any sprays that anyone can recommend.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cameron, can you take a picture of the damage and post it please. I would like to bet you have slugs and snails to contend with at the moment. We've all had some rain and the ruddy things have been having a party! What you have to do is look for them when they are attacking the plants. Always overnight - about 10pm is good. You need a pot of salt and a torch. That's when you'll find them munching. Send 'em off with a quick prayer in the pot of salt :devil: It's not easy to find them in the daytime, as they are masters at hiding.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Beer works great for slugs and snails too. Just put some in a dish around the plants and the slugs will go to that and drown, they can't resist it. To cover all bases you could also put up some sticky fly paper close to the plants incase it's cucumber beetles or something that flies. I don't think it would be caterpillars, they wouldn't leave the plants and you would most likely see them on or under the leaves. But it wouldn't hurt to put a sticky mouse sheet between a couple plants and see what you catch, could even be earwigs and they would be out at night. Once you know what it is you can commence the war upon them lol

Ask a Question