How to keep creepy crawlies out of your gardening boots!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
How simple. How effective. No more nips from spiders or wasps both of which had made homes in my boots recently. It wasn't my idea. Apparently years ago on a show called The New Inventors a child illustrated this as his mother's invention. Smart pair.
rps20210501_062430.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant @DeborahJane ! Every time I`ve visited my kids in Australia, something has attacked me. I disturbed a nest whilst getting pots from behind my daughter`s shed near Brisbane. She screamed ''Run mum, run - it`s bliddy chasing you'' it was just like High Noon - I turned and faced an extremely angry spider - big sod it was, ''They jump mum'' she said. I squashed it ! A couple of weeks later I was hospitalised in Toowoomba - bitten by a big fat millipede thing!
1619819217045.png
Your wasps are evil too aren`t they - like torpedoes they attack without any provoking. As for redbacks in the dunny (mustn`t swear) :inpain:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Oh dear! What a "holiday" Tetters . Unfortunately we do have some doozies of creepy crawlies here. I recently have found a wasp in my boot and a chunky black spider in another, hence the ball solution, but I've also found wasps nested in my gardening gloves. I haven't worked out a solution yet other than trying to remember to bring them inside.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you meant the gloves and not the was.... :rolleyes: Mmm the first creature to get me when I lived ''bush'' in NSW was a redback - that put me in hospital too.
I feel safer back in good old England.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Brilliant @DeborahJane (y)

I refuse to put my boots on since I heard what happened to the last Mr Tetters and his wellies :eek::eek::eek:

Ask a Question