How essential is it to plant within the recommended zone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
If you have problems growing roses you may be able to get some help from one of our members - Woo - who is a rose expert. Although he does grow them in England. :)

I like India, (y) what part are you from?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
If you have problems growing roses you may be able to get some help from one of our members - Woo - who is a rose expert. Although he does grow them in England. :)

I like India, (y) what part are you from?
India as you know is a huge country and there are parts where roses and other flowers that like a cool climate do well but not where I live. I live in the South. I have roses in my garden but when compared to what grows in cooler areas they need effort.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
The last time I was touring India was 18 months ago. We had a wonderful time. We did the Golden Triangle, then Bombay, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala - then on to Sri Lanka. It's a while since we have done the East coast.

We love the country, people, history, architecture and food - but I'm not keen on the humidity in the south. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
The last time I was touring India was 18 months ago. We had a wonderful time. We did the Golden Triangle, then Bombay, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala - then on to Sri Lanka. It's a while since we have done the East coast.

We love the country, people, history, architecture and food - but I'm not keen on the humidity in the south. :)

I am glad you like India. It is so diverse that each State is so different from the other. You must have liked the Goa beaches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I'm not really a beach sort of person so, although I think that they and the sea look beautiful, I don't use the beaches. The history of the areas, the culture and the way people live is more the thing I'm interested in. Absorbing the local atmosphere is a favourite pastime and going to markets is a good way to do that.

P1140612.JPG

We try to do that all over the world. Attempting to learn the local customs and a few words in the language of the country helps us to be more accepted wherever we go.

The food is another major interest and we're always trying new things. (y)

Ask a Question