How can I make my Pothos happier?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I got this Pothos 5 months ago and it just hasn't grown much at all. I don't even notice any change. It's getting enough light because it is a Golden Pothos and I see the yellowish color in the leaves (which indicates its light requirements are met). I water it once a week and the leaves just kind of get limp, the vines don't get limp, its the leaves. They just feel sad. I don't know how to explain how they feel, their just feel very fragile like they will tear easily, almost like a ziplog bag put under heat. Its just sad. I've been really jeleous of seening pictures of peoples houspleants and seeing their beautiful Pothos in the backround climbing all over the place!!!

Actually I did get this Pothos on election day so maybe its still bummed out by the results

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8b
Country
Netherlands
My grandmother used to have a lot of those plants :) They thrived under her care.

She kept them in a cool place, never under direct sunlight. She applied soluble fertilizer every month. She watered it when the soil felt dry to the touch, and never too much :)

Hope that helps :D

Ask a Question