How can I boost the growth of my newly-planted trees in a backyard with lots of established trees?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, sounds great you are using humic acid for your plant. if it is the same stuff as you mentioned here then use 1 oz per gallon of water and 1 gallon of the mix per inch of caliper out to the drip line.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you are into trees may I recommend 'The hidden life of trees', by Peter Wohlleeben. He is a forester somewhere on the Swiss German border region, so not exactly figs and persimmons, but I am sure some of the principles will apply. The interaction between established trees and newcomers is deeper than one might suppose, not just the chemicals in falling leaves. He discovered there were fungi whose mycelium carried chemical, and even electrical, messages between trees. It is a well written, fascinating, read.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Y'all amuse me. @Chuck is on it. You need to learn what a light meter is, and what lumens and foot candles are, and what those measurements are out in the area of interest. Without the normal energy, feeding carbon or any magic food or other wishful thinking is dull minded.

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Hi, sounds great you are using humic acid for your plant. if it is the same stuff as you mentioned here then use 1 oz per gallon of water and 1 gallon of the mix per inch of caliper out to the drip line.
Thanks. This year I bought a more concentrated type of humic acid (50% humic acid, 50% fulvic acid) in powder form and I follow the instruction provided on its package (5 grams of the substance in 10 liters of water).

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
If you are into trees may I recommend 'The hidden life of trees', by Peter Wohlleeben. He is a forester somewhere on the Swiss German border region, so not exactly figs and persimmons, but I am sure some of the principles will apply. The interaction between established trees and newcomers is deeper than one might suppose, not just the chemicals in falling leaves. He discovered there were fungi whose mycelium carried chemical, and even electrical, messages between trees. It is a well written, fascinating, read.
I just acquired the book and read its foreword and introduction. Sounds like an interesting book. Thank you for the suggestion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
No tree that is overshadowed will be stunted; it will be lanky and leggy.
I suspect your problem is "re-plant" disease.
This is where toxins and diseases build up from trees already there. Although they are not strong enough to affect established trees, with good, deep root systems, it can be very difficult for new trees to get going, and this stunts them.

New replant disease treatment | Good Fruit Grower

Ask a Question