How are your gardens coming?

Reaction score
It is looking great, though I may not have given the squash and cucumbers enough space as they are starting to just branch out and cover the entire garden. Ah well though, I actually like that they are huge plants and they take over everything.

Reaction score
I am declaring the next 7 days as outside fun days! DH will not be home for dinner all week and my son is old enough to take care of himself, and so I will have some "me" time!

I am going to go fishing. The garden could use some tidying up, the back deck can be set up so I can read outside, and I can not only shop at the plant clearance sale I can plant them the same day I buy them!

This is going to be SUCH fun!:LOL:

And, when it is hot and I need to go in then I can clean up and go to town! YIPPEE! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Today I got the last row of my vegetable garden in: I finished in the rain because I was so eager to get it done! I rewarded myself by also planting 4 packets of wildflower seeds, ALSO in the rain!

Flowers are my first love, but gardening can be expensive and so I ease my conscience by making my garden pay for itself. I love growing vegetables also, but I CRAVE the bright faces of the flowers! So, after I got the bush beans in I finished the long row with California Poppys, strawflowers, and two different packages of wildflower mixes!

Now all I have to do is weed, feed, water, and harvest!:D:ROFLMAO::cool::ROFLMAO:

Speaking of harvesting, my first eggplant and some onions are big enough to fry. I intend to have them this weekend!

How are your gardens coming?:D

Great news! I don't have too much going on at the moment. My corn is coming up, which I am really excited about. I also have some cucumber that I'm waiting to sprout. I have lots of flower seeds, but haven't planted them yet. I should be planting more. I had a bunch of impatiens but something is eating them!

Reaction score
So far, my gardening has been great! I've been growing some small fruits and vegetables lately. I think the tomatoes in my backyard are almost ready. I don't really rely too much on my garden for food because it does take some time for it to grow. But I think I'll have enough vegetables soon for a salad!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks to warm humid weather and lots of rain everything is growing like crazy. I've been harvesting broccoli, cauliflower, herbs, berries, greens, beans and peas for weeks now. Will have zucchini ready by the weekend and possibly cucumbers next week. Everything is HUGE with tons of flowers so I expect good crops. Did a big expansion this year and already trying to decide where I can put in more beds next spring (or maybe this fall)

Ask a Question