High Branches Prunner Recommendation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
I have a very tall tree that I need to trim its branches. Which trimmer do you recommend please? I looked at the ones at Home Depot and one is pretty heavy and the other one does not have a saw. I just want a simple one. No need for a lot of bells or whistles.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I used a fiskers chain drive 16' model for years. Replace ment saws can be bought for $9.00 for it. But if you are carefull you can sharpen them your self other wise.
1596891276888.png

But after many years I decided to buy a 40V battery powered one from Lowe's. of course it is as long so may have to use a ladder sooner to reach higher.

Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
When you say tall..is that 80 feet? I use a rope saw for really high limbs and a pole pruner for the 20 or so foot range. I use a bow and arrow to shoot a string and then tie the rope saw to it and haul it up there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Whatever you do Don't run out and buy a Lynxx lithium pole saw. They are out of business and Harbor Freight has been selling them without support. The batteries are defective and last only one charge.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6/7
Country
United States
The no bells and whistles saw at a reasonable cost is this Fiskars. I consider it exercise, even though I must exchange it with left and right hand for 4" ( 101.6 mm ) or larger limbs, but i'm kinda old.
Pole saw - Fiskars- 21.JPG

Ask a Question