What's the best type of grass for high traffic areas?

Reaction score
What's the best type of grass for high traffic areas? I bought some Bermuda sod and laid it down around my walk way, but it hasn't done so well where we tend to walk more. I have five kids that like to run around and play, so it needs to be kind of tough. I thought about trying centipede or Kentucky blue grass also. It gets hot and can be dry here in the summer, but it also doesn't normally get very cold. Anybody got any ideas?

Reaction score
I would recommend Scotts Turf Builder High Traffic Mix or something similar to it. It tends to grow quicker, thicker and greener. It also contains their exclusive WaterSmart PLUS coating that absorbs 2x more water and its great for areas where this is heavy kid or pet traffic :) Hope this helps

Reaction score
Does it work well in both the sun and shade? Most of my yard is sunny since we had to remove most of the trees, but the back side around the house is pretty shady.

Reaction score
High traffic area? Well I am gonna say crab grass because everyone hates that grass and if your kids are gonna be running on it all day long they won't kill it. Plus it is super hardy and needs little attention.

Reaction score
That is true! Won't it take over the rest of my yard though? Also, where would you buy it? Most people usually try to get rid of it instead of plant it!

Ask a Question