Hey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I wasn't meaning any disrespect to this site, I was just talking more or less about a "how to" site. I'll ask on the gardening forum as y'all suggested. Thank you.
Beth, any particular problem with wally world plants?

Just... Probably really stressed plants, high volume, low care, and why spend money at a store that sources most of its merchandise from China if you have other options, really?

I am lucky to have several locally-owned garden centers. The one I mainly use sources as much as possible locally, uses biological controls (rather than commercial chemicals) for pest control and fertilizer, and hires plant geeks who seem very enthusiastic about finding out answers and solutions to any questions I have.

Also they welcome dogs. :)
Walmart, basically, sucks. And does little for local economy. Yes I am biased. :) I will not shop at Walmart. Or Home Despot etc, if I have other options.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess it depends on the store and area. The store I go to is very clean and the garden area is well kept. The plants I bought were extremely healthy so the fault lies on me. I'm a defender of Walmart. No one around has prices like they do. I order a lot from Amazon, and it is my favorite, then Walmart. I like buying American, but there are few stores whose goods aren't made in China.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I guess it depends on the store and area. The store I go to is very clean and the garden area is well kept. The plants I bought were extremely healthy so the fault lies on me. I'm a defender of Walmart. No one around has prices like they do. I order a lot from Amazon, and it is my favorite, then Walmart. I like buying American, but there are few stores whose goods aren't made in China.

I respect your opinion. :) (And I love Amazon.)
However, if you have a non-chain store nursery available, at least check it out. Big box stores carry a limited range of common plants; you may find a much wider variety elsewhere.

Ask a Question