Herbs and teas

Reaction score
I like growing mint and then making a nice strong mint brew! It's very refreshing and works great after dinner as it aids in digestion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I have grown mint before and used it for tea, and also added it to regular tea for a lift in flavor and fragrance. We ave the tiny chamomile flowers blooming all over out in the meadow right now, and I have never made chamomile tea, but I know it is considered very healthy.
Years ago, I tried digging up dandelions and roasted the roots for dandelion coffee. It took so much work, digging, washing, chopping, and roasting, and by the time it was finished, there was not very much dandelion root left, so I ended up mixing it half and half with regular coffee. It was a pretty good taste, but a whole lot of effort for what I ended up with to drink.
I do use the dandelion leaves in my fresh greens, and they are one of the most nourishing herbs we can grow. Dandelions were actually brought to America by the early settlers from England and Europe, because they were such a valued herb. They adapted so well here, that now they are considered weeds, and sadly, are not used for their health benefits.

Reaction score
Chamomille tea is very good in calming the senses but what it really known for is its ability to invite sleep. Chamomile tea is a great alternative to melatonin, that famous sleeping pill. Chamomile scent also is as calming as the tea and smells really nice.

Reaction score
Hi, I am really getting herbs and tea lately but is it true that tea is not good for your teeth. I am also wondering what is your favorite kinds of tea, I enjoy peach tea and like blueberry but I am exploring other kinds.

Reaction score
I am going to grow mint in pots for tea. I'm also going to grow some Lavender along the house with some Chamomile also for tea. I LOVE Chamomile tea and would like to grow it. I'm in the tea fad to! I also like fruit teas.

Reaction score
those who want to be healthy, Have you ever tried Stevia as a healthy way to sweeten tea and other drinks? I love it I use it every day! The only bad thing is its really bitter sweet!:confused:

Reaction score
I have recently discovered peppermint tea and I really enjoy it, especially the smell! Now I'm growing peppermint in my herb garden so that I can make it fresh whenever I want. I've also heard that adding spearmint to it (making it double mint tea) makes a tasty variation.

I really love peppermint tea and don't know why I never thought of just growing my own instead of buying it.

Ask a Question