Help with a Fuchsia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
I bought very beautiful Fuchsia in a hanging basket last year, it was doing great. Then in the late autumn I trimmed it (pruned it), kept inside, watered it and so on. This May I put it outside again. It started to produce new leafs and there were some flowers, but the stems did not grow long like it was when I bought it, there are just some tiny stems with small leafs and very little flowers. The first flowers have almost gone and there aren't many new. I read that I could pinch it, but there isn't really a lot for pinching.
I also think one of my mistakes may be that I did move it to a new bigger pot, but I am worried that now is not the right time to do it. Please see the uploaded images.
I will be very thankful if someone could give me advice what to do with my Fuchsia.

Attachments

• IMG_3311.jpg
    IMG_3311.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 189
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi Martina
In this moment, as you said, i would not prune it, above all if there are already flowers
but you should mix it with a specific one because Fuchsia prefer an acidic terrain.
Make you attention because it has to be always damp but not wet. Check always
that there isn't a stagnation of water in the under basket . Fuchsia is a plant that to prefer to stay out side ma it is afraid of direct exposure to the sun.
These are the advices that with me have recently worked, saving my plants
Sorry for my elementary English. I hope i have helped you and i hope expecially you understood me
Good lucky Martina

Ask a Question