Help Needed With Dying Tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you! Someone earlier left a comment recommending that I should apply antifungal to the tree. I will be purchasing some later today and applying it this weekend. I think it could be a fungal problem. However, I do not know if the antifungal agent will kills the fungi that you mentioned.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have sent this link for you to look at. Just applying a fungicide if you have a problem with phytophthora or honey fungus will not be of any help whatsoever. If you look for yourself, I think you will find a lot more information online about the subject, but the link might be a helpful start for you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well that's good. the other thing I had in mind was phytophthora or honey fungus.
Phytophthora is what I use agri-fos upon. It can be indescriminate. The plant thinks it is a useful form of potassium but it is not and so it rattles about inside looking for something useful to do. I also use it for preventing sudden oak death.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Phytophthora is what I use agri-fos upon. It can be indescriminate. The plant thinks it is a useful form of potassium but it is not and so it rattles about inside looking for something useful to do. I also use it for preventing sudden oak death.
That is a very useful bit of information Dirt - since we joined the EU, we've had a restriction on bordeaux mix. We weren't even supposed to use dish soap on aphids :rolleyes:
but now we've got rid of them, we can go back to normal (or at least, near normal)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That is a very useful bit of information Dirt - since we joined the EU, we've had a restriction on bordeaux mix. We weren't even supposed to use dish soap on aphids :rolleyes:
but now we've got rid of them, we can go back to normal (or at least, near normal)
They say it is organic but then again things that precipitate out of acids seem a bit harsh to me. I was told thats how they purify humic acid too, by dissolving it first. The sketchy factor looms large to me doing all that business and calling it organic.

I recall the bordeaux problem to be one of the problems caused by a copper ingredient? Copper fungicides are still called organic here but copper is toxic and elemental and not prone to dissappear so maybe that copper clock is ticking here in the central time zone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It’s also an essential element for plant and animal life.
Did you mean copper? Oh I got winky about it when I did a water test at the house and they were looking for 3 parts per billion. I did not think it was that bad at first.

As a group some metals are the most toxic thing we are around. I had a customer that gas tested pipes in hospitals who told me he mainly looked for metals in the various oxygen and whatever pipes that serve a hospital.

We have aluminum in our clay and when it gets dissolved with the soil acidity from too much rain the clay can be barren and hard to plant. But we have iron too in the red lay so that is good.

Ask a Question