Help me choose something different!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Agree with Alp, I'd love to grow Mango. Damn, now I'm craving it ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
While we were in the NICU with our baby (he's fine now) someone gave us a bag of dried mango. That was hands down the best snack in the world. I would love to try that with my own mangos. I think my wife would rather have avocado.

Gotta look into jackfruit and mespilus (never even heard of that)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
When I lived in Florida I had great luck with Blueberry bushes. I grew them in pots so I could control the moisture better (flooding). There is a Blueberry farm on US-301 midway between Ocala and Stark that you can buy young bushes from. These are specially bred for the Florida climate and soil. They are well worth the extra money.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I find that there are a lot of options suitable to ones environment that don't really hot the main stream. Being semi topical we have irons if you are careful in winter.

Found out there is already a blueberry bush in the yard. Went ahead and got a few more to pollinate it. I'm

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thats good if you want to do something different but one thing you should keep in mind that fruit and vegetables requires suitable environment to grow. So, if you try something which is not suitable in your area would result in disappointment.

Yes, I remember this person who was a tenant wanting to keep his parents alive. The designer named the plants, but sometimes we really have to follow the conditions given. I can't try to grow mango in the UK.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I find that there are a lot of options suitable to ones environment that don't really hot the main stream. Being semi topical we have irons if you are careful in winter.

Found out there is already a blueberry bush in the yard. Went ahead and got a few more to pollinate it. I'm

I bought a BlueJay and I have already had a patriot. So looking forward to harvesting them. Had quite a few blueberries last year.

Ask a Question