• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,117
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
My dragon fruit has those red spots, but only about 3-4. It does not have the white crusting though. How much are you watering?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Here is a picture of the red spots on my dragon fruit. I believe it is just the little tendrils that leave a mark after they have dried up, but the white crusting is NOT normal.

You say you are watering every 3-4 days. Even though dragon fruit cacti is tropical, it still is a cactus. You are watering way too much! You only need to water about once every week or even 2 weeks! You can tell when you insert your finger about 4 inches deep in the soil, and it feels dry. Then, you can water.

Can you move a little of the soil to expose the base? Do you see the flesh rotting? Dragon fruits are prone to stem rot when over watered.

IMG_2612.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Check bottom of stem. It could be rotten. If really bad, you should cut off the roots, and treat it like a new cutting.

Ask a Question