Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Those two (Barley and Berry are just smashing,
Wev' got three, two are rescue 10 year and 11yr olds and the other one did belong to the people who lived to the rear of us about 5 mins walk away but they both died within 4 weeks of each other and the family asked if we'd take BELLE as she always liked our two dogs and they had a good idea we'd way yes, Belle is we think about 12yrs and she's been with us for two years now.

We're both animal lovers and all three are our kids really.
Sorry just noticed this
Thanks
That's good that you took Belle in. Yes ours are our kids and better too.
We had 5 at one point
DSC04151.JPG

At the back right to left Bramble, Logan,Moss
In front left to right Willow and Bracken, that's the order of their ages. Willow past away and moss went 12 days later.

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi Logan,
Ive just come in having been doing really back breaking and neck breaking work in my case and i thought i'd have an hour off (dinners on the boil) and i'd have a look at the forum,
We'll my other half thought something had gone wrong when i shouted she had to come up to the office and see this,

Your photo is just what i call a perfect happy one of a happy family,
Well done to you.:):):):):) "one for each".

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you PPP, sadly they're all gone now, Bracken went 2 years ago he had leukaemia, he was on tablets for a few months and he improved but it mutated and couldn't do much more.
Got them all on the sideboard, ashes still in. Couldn't bring myself to putting them outside.
20190514_114851.jpg

They're in the order that they past away.
Right to left, Bramble, Willow, Moss,Logan and Bracken. Logan went to 16 years, still miss them.Logan and Moss were Brothers but a years difference, they were uncle to Bracken and Barley is from the same breeder. Willow and Bramble are related to them but from a different breeder, Berry isn't.

What sort have you got? I admire people who take on rescues and neighbours dog like you and your partner.

Here's another before we had Bracken, it was taken at dog training. They knew everything but we carried on.
It was Christmas and the trainer had a photographer there.
The Boys.jpg

Moss at the front on left had a tumour in his bottom jaw so he had to have the front bit of jaw removed, that's why his tongue hangs out, but he went on to 14.

Be careful with your neck, I have trouble with mine especially when I keep bending my neck forward. I'm not as young as I used to be. :LOL:

P

Peace perfect peace

Hi,
Well we arrived here from north wales with Poppy a Yorki and Sam a sheep dog,
Poppy was the boss and gave sam a hell of a life but they really loved each other, Sam always was a soft touch when it came to Poppy,

They both reached 12yrs and died within months of each other, Then came Henry He's a french hunting type dog he was supposed tobe a bloodhound type with long ears and a body a few inches from the ground "But he's like a shetland pony eats for france is spoilt rotten but you'll never get a better dog ever, he's always friendly and when you think since having him he's seen a few dogs arrive here, Let me explain,
Henry was in the ex-pats news looking for a home 7months old and when Poppy saw Henry she gave him a Hell, growling at him and he just hid his head and looked really lost, Sam was just the opposit and after a while all got on well,
But then we went to buy an old lawn mower and while talking to the owner of the lawn mower and having a coffee an hour had passed and out of the blue this little collie dog appeared, the owner was very nasty to the dog and said it had killed a chicken of his and he wanted re-homed,
As we got the mower in the car we noticed his children didnt bother with the collie and i asked him was the dog ok ref the vet ?ie rabbies jabs etc, Oh yes i was told, just take her if you want her he said and as we opened the side door "LOTTIE" dived into the car,
She really was lovely but we took her to our vet and he noticed a growth on her side and so we arranged to have it removed and thats when we found out LOTTIE suffered with fits, she was with us for 2 years but the fits got more and more (20 a day) in the end and so the vet said she really is suffering and we both sat with her while the vet put her to sleep, No way had this dog attacted any chicken, it was the fits that the previous owner found out about.
As if by chance we found ourselves in the local SPCA centre looking at the verious dogs just without homes, Some have been there for months and for all kinds of reasons But one didnt come running up to the front of the cage door to see who was looking at them,
He just sat far back (20yrds) from the front and looked as if he'd given up, i called to him but he was having non of it "but i would'nt give up and then as i started to walk away to find one of the staff "He came to the front of the cage and looked into my eyes, one of the staff asked if i wanted to take him for a walk around the car-park, Well once the lead was on him and we started to walk past all his mates behind caged doors he look so proud as if to say "Look ive found a home" we went for a drag "it was'nt what you'd call a walk as BOUGH, took us for a pull & drag around the car park
Then we returned to the SPCA"s compound and Bough's world came crashing down as the staff took him back past his friends cages and to his own cage, we made arrangements for the staff to visit to see we had a good home for a rescue dog "again"
I went to say goodbye to BOUGH but he was at the back of his cage and would'nt come near me, i said I'll be back and then we left.
3 Days later we got a visit from the SPCA, staff in their van and we had a coffee and a walk around the garden with Henry in full support and then they said "well shall we bring "bough" in ?????? We had no idea he was in the van, He came into the lounge and was so excited he pee'd on the floor.
That was 5 years ago now and every night he waits until i sit on the settee and joins me for his nightly cuddle and Henry lays in his basket until i go into the kitchen and he gets up knowing a tip bit will be given,
World war three could start tomorrow and in our world we wouldnt know about it, we are lucky to live the perfect simple live with all we ever wanted, Peace perfect peace.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
PPP that's so lovely, if I went to a rescue centre I wouldn't be able to leave without a dog but having already our own I don't know how they'll react to each other.

The Dogs Trust is the closest I think and they have dogs come over from Ireland because it's different over there. We used to donate a £1. a month to them until hubby became redundant so we had to stop. Hubby and me went to the Dogs Trust once and walked one of the dogs it wasn't the one that were sponsoring because he already been out.

If we did rehome a dog it would have to be a Goldie.
Logan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome Peace! If you ever need advice on growing veggies, Chuck is the smartest. ;) The reason I call myself Tomato Nut, is because... I am! I grow many different heirloom varieties including one of my favorites: Blue Beauty.

Attachments

• DSC01952.JPG
    DSC01952.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 114
P

Peace perfect peace

Hi TomatoNut
And thanks for the tip ref Chuck,
Ive had a particular good seed sowing this year of tom's and all my neighburs have recieved at least 6 plants each of what we call Russian toms they're the dark skinned with a sweater taste, very nice,
Well have a nice day and talk to you again soon.

Ask a Question