Hello new friends

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Hi , im a keen gardener and both myself and wife live here in france,
We have a 2 acre garden and for the past 14 yrs have been making our french house & garden into a home, "it was empty for 25yrs pre us buying it and the garden had'nt seen a spade/fork for all that time so as im sure you can see " a lot of work both in the garden and building but at last its a home and garden now (14yrs-later)
Im 70yrs young and we are both animal lovers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Peace perfect peace. :) It sounds as if you like a challenge with what you have taken on. I'm sure many here would love to see pictures of your garden, if you have them available please.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Bonjour! I plant flowers for people. However, I have never had a 2 acre garden request!

P

Peace perfect peace

Hello to all these replies,
The old farm sits in the 2acre and so the garden is all around the home,
We are in the middle of real france ie we can go all day and only see a couple of vehicles such as the post lady a tractor or two and the odd neighbour , we have 6 well spread out neighbours in this Hamlet and all have their own space so we're not on top of each other but within a few minutes walk of each other,
So as you can see it really is the old france with a lot of the old values and ways to go with them,
Now ref gardening, the french tend to grow to eat, now thats not saying that they dont grow flowers etc, but not as much as the english/dutch folk,

Because of my age and the fact i didnt do P'C's when i went to school im very inexperienced in using my own www, service and dont do Pictures infact when i think of it we dont do anything like half with the PC as we should ,

But just to talk and share can be more important in my mind than to get to much into the modern world,
I do think one day we'll have no time to even talk "not when we can send an "e" mail to the people standing next to us ( sad sad ) but you see it every day and so i like to stay with a lot of the old ways and that includes walking my dogs daily in the countryside / And seeing the wild flowers growing and breathing in fresh clean air And i hope sharing this fantastic hobby with like minded folk such as yourselves,
Thank you for the unexpected welcome.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why surprise @Peace perfect peace ? We are genuinely happy to welcome you to the forums, and some of us are even more ancient than you - me for a start :giggle: We all have lots in common, being gardeners, and it's nice to chat.
We also walk dogs, live in a quiet hamlet, and are surrounded by farmland, and the chalky north downs here in Kent..... in fact just along the road from the ferries at Dover where we have a camping site and gardens of about 4 acres.
It would be lovely if you could, as @Sheal suggested, learn how to pop some photos of your patch to the board. If I can master it I'm sure you could as well. If not, we are more than happy just to chatter :joyful:
DSC01529.JPG

P

Peace perfect peace

Why surprise @Peace perfect peace ? We are genuinely happy to welcome you to the forums, and some of us are even more ancient than you - me for a start :giggle: We all have lots in common, being gardeners, and it's nice to chat.
We also walk dogs, live in a quiet hamlet, and are surrounded by farmland, and the chalky north downs here in Kent..... in fact just along the road from the ferries at Dover where we have a camping site and gardens of about 4 acres.
It would be lovely if you could, as @Sheal suggested, learn how to pop some photos of your patch to the board. If I can master it I'm sure you could as well. If not, we are more than happy just to chatter :joyful:
View attachment 53488
This really is unreal, you walk the dogs (so do we) the last time i visited the uk i stayed over in DOVER, and we have a caravan" a Luner just like the one in your pic. And as you say we're " As seen on bargain hunt old and used"

Nice to hear from you.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

I'll put the kettle on :D

P

Peace perfect peace

Welcome @Peace perfect peace to the forums. I'm in the UK Redditch West Midlands.:)

Hi Logan and thank you for the welcome,
I did once live in wales (Bala) area but we escaped and now live in France, the weathers much better here
We do get a summer and we've a larger garden than when we lived in wales,

Our french nieghnours call us the crazy english people because we like the english style of gardening ie flowers etc.

Hope to talk to you more and offten.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Peace Perfect Peace I was born in Worcester not far from the centre and moved here to re- marry 32 years ago. Yes Wales does get a lot of rain and all those hills.
We've got 2 golden retrievers called Barley and Berry 7 and 5 years old. Did have 5 at one point but can't afford them now.But 2 is enough and I've got more time for the garden.
IMG_20190107_074251.jpg

Left is Barley and Berry

P

Peace perfect peace

Those two (Barley and Berry are just smashing,
Wev' got three, two are rescue 10 year and 11yr olds and the other one did belong to the people who lived to the rear of us about 5 mins walk away but they both died within 4 weeks of each other and the family asked if we'd take BELLE as she always liked our two dogs and they had a good idea we'd way yes, Belle is we think about 12yrs and she's been with us for two years now.

We're both animal lovers and all three are our kids really.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Hi Logan and thank you for the welcome,
I did once live in wales (Bala) area but we escaped and now live in France, the weathers much better here
We do get a summer and we've a larger garden than when we lived in wales,

Our french nieghnours call us the crazy english people because we like the english style of gardening ie flowers etc.

Hope to talk to you more and offten.
The English style of flower gardening is marvelous!

Ask a Question