Hello from Durham, NC!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've already asked a few questions, but I guess I should introduce myself! My name is Erin and I live in Durham, NC. I inherited my garden and have been planting my own stuff while rehabing the old stuff. My father took over the garden after my mom became too handicapped to do it anymore. Mom loves gardening, dad hated it. So we have plants in bad places, plants that were neglected, and landscaping that needs a lot of work. When dad got sick I moved home to care for both of them, and I took the work over. My main rehabing concerns are my mom's beloved rose bushes and a very sickly magnolia tree.

Indoors, I have cacti. I have loved cacti since I was a small child and never lost my fascination with them. I used to have tons of them, but we're down to one that isn't doing well. She's 25 years old, and last summer I put her and her best friend - a hawarthia - outside to enjoy the humidity. This is normally a positive and I've been doing it for years. She didn't take well to it last year and fell over. I'm afraid she's too far gone so we're "making her comfortable" next to her best friend and I am working on cultivating her "babies" so she can live on in some way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Erin. :) It may take time to put your garden right but I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute. We are a friendly bunch and will help you along the way if needs be.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Quite fond of cacti meself :whistle:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bonjour, Wildflower! What are some of the colors of the roses? :giggle::giggle::geek::geek:

Mostly pink, they seem to be the ones coming back. I have a light pink Queen Elizabeth. There's a hot pink bush at the front of the garden (lots of thorns, no leaves, always been that way). I have a red knockout, and this year bought a "double pink" knockout and 2 yellow/white ones. And I have a rose that came back after having been apparently dead for years, and it is white. I think it is supposed to be one of those white with the red splashing on it, but we're still rehabing and the roses it has tried to produce haven't ever opened since it came back.

Ask a Question