Hello from the foothills of the Canadian Rocky Mountains

Reaction score
Sorry Johnny re the hat. You get a picture in your head sometimes don't you.
More apologies, I didn't mention that fantastically huge rock behind you. Doesn't look that big on here but it must be if you can drive through it. My daughter rides a motorbike (shiver, shiver)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see your face, johnny! Miss your birds already. I will have some amaryllises flowering soon. Can't wait.

Sheal is going to be one of the chatterboxes! is that right? We call one another Chatterbox.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Runny, no apologies needed. I was amused and it brought back the memory of how much I hated Dr. Hook music and all my buddies just loved it.
Here's that rock and my bike.
P1030822.JPG
P1030823.JPG

P1030815.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello Alp,
Two days ago I pulled my stored bulbs out of the cold room and potted my Amaryllis bulbs. I put them in the sunny GH and I noticed today that out of the eight, six already have the flower stalks showing.

Reaction score
Wow that's some rock Johnny. The Egyptians used to split rock with fire and water too. Amazing how people did things centuries back, and we think we are clever in this techno age. Not by comparison in my book.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Johnny: You see this is the first year I have ever had amaryllis and those I bought after Christmas had no more buds so I thought all the flowering season was over. Then I bought quite a few - Dancing queen, Spartacus, Exotic star and they all now have stems. Very, very excited. Do you feed them now at all? I need to dig up the copy and paste advice from you. It's on the desktop... I'm so excited.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Runny! Glad to bump into you! :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, johnny, that's a lovely phenomenon. Lovely pic with the rock split asunder - one half each. Amazing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I have always loved that rock. When I was little, before we moved out to the farm, on Sundays after church, my dad would often take me for walks to see it. My dad and his sister knew every rock and pond in the area. lol
The old homestead is a mile out side the city, Granddad bought the four quarters in 1900. Dad and my aunt's pony cart tracks can still be found in the corner of the lot of where their old school house once stood, out on the bald prairie.

Ask a Question