Hello from South Jersey

sbg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi!

I'm a Texas transplant to the Northeast (as a way of explaining why someone who lives in NJ will still occasionally say "y'all").

My wife and I are taking on some new gardening projects that involve vermicomposting, vermicasting, and three waist-high raised vegetable garden beds (5x20' each) that are supposed to be contractor constructed within the next three weeks. And I freely admit that I need help :) as this is completely foreign to me. My wife is much more knowledgeable with gardening in general, but she's a newbie to breeding worms too.

Thanks for hearing me out and letting me be a part of this board!

Gregg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum Gregg! Great to have you here (y)

I love your avatar :D

sbg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thank you, Becky!

I'm hoping if this avatar is used enough, eventually I'll come across the person who created it and can personally compliment him/her on their Photoshop skills.

Glad I came across this forum as I was beginning to think I had bitten off more than I could chew with the projects I mentioned. Having access to plenty of people who have "been there, done that" is quite a relief!

Reaction score
Hi Greg! Welcome to the forum, it's a pleasure to meet you! Glad to have you join us :) Best of luck with your projects, I'm sure you will be able to learn a lot on here, I know I did ;) I'm sure you will also find this forum very helpful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forum! Worms have come a long way since the days they were only associated with fishing..:D Good for you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! I hope you share photos of your new garden. :)
I don't know much about vermicomposting or vermicasting but I love the idea.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, y'all! We are transplants too, but in the opposite direction--from upstate NY to Texas.
You'll get a lot of good advice and help here, so ask away!

Ask a Question