Hello Forum Folks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Welcome! You live in a beautiful part of the country. :)
Thanks Beth. I was born here in the city, so it's pretty much all I know. I should have started gardening earlier, but work and children took up a lot of my time. Oh well.....I'll make up for it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Beth. I was born here in the city, so it's pretty much all I know. I should have started gardening earlier, but work and children took up a lot of my time. Oh well.....I'll make up for it.
I only started gardening when I was 59 so it's never too late to start Sanzfrancisco. I had my 60th in the August that year from 3 p.m. onwards so my guests who came in daylight got to see my new efforts. It's much better now:p 4 years on:eek:
I actually think it's great to start something new at what ever age. It's all new and interesting and fascinating and pretty absorbing. You'll love it I'm sure:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have been to Los Angelus Orange County to be exact. (for family events) not my cup of tea. And been to Malibu, Cal for a wedding. Years ago visiting relatives in Whittier, went as far North as Solvang, Cal.
However, when on the West Coast I usually plan a trip to the coast line of Oregon, (just love it) and then up as far as the end of the the coastline of Washington State, love that area.
Did land once in San Francisco, on a lay over, not enough time to do anything. ----One day.
If your ever in Newport, Oregon, you have to check out the Sylvia Beach Hotel, a wonderful place to stay.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I only started gardening when I was 59 so it's never too late to start Sanzfrancisco. I had my 60th in the August that year from 3 p.m. onwards so my guests who came in daylight got to see my new efforts. It's much better now:p 4 years on:eek:
I actually think it's great to start something new at what ever age. It's all new and interesting and fascinating and pretty absorbing. You'll love it I'm sure:)

DeborahJane, so what is your birthday in August, mine also is. mine is August 7.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, I haven't been to San Francisco in over 40 years, use to love to take the red eye up to the city for a long week end. when I lived in West Hollywood.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Would you believe 6th.
There actually is another Deborah Jane Hildebrand whose birthday is 7th August and born in the same year living in a suburb not far from me. I hope she knows about me as several times now when I have gone for tests such as scans and they have quoted her address. It does make me nervous.:eek: I could go under an anesthetic and come out with the wrong thing missing or sewn up or adjusted!!!!!:confused: I always check.
Our birthdays are coming up very quickly, aren't they? I usually get together with my sister and also have lunch with friends. I like that part just not the number that goes with it. o_O I really don't mind. Aging is fine. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
that certainly is unusual to have two women same name ect. wow. I have it ok. No one in the world has my name. and of that my natural hair color is unique. so it would be hard to seal my identity, etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Yo
that certainly is unusual to have two women same name ect. wow. I have it ok. No one in the world has my name. and of that my natural hair color is unique. so it would be hard to seal my identity, etc.

You will have to give us a hint as to your unique natural hair colour Esther. Is it on the forum colour chart? Sounds intriguing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I have been to Los Angelus Orange County to be exact. (for family events) not my cup of tea. And been to Malibu, Cal for a wedding. Years ago visiting relatives in Whittier, went as far North as Solvang, Cal.
However, when on the West Coast I usually plan a trip to the coast line of Oregon, (just love it) and then up as far as the end of the the coastline of Washington State, love that area.
Did land once in San Francisco, on a lay over, not enough time to do anything. ----One day.
If your ever in Newport, Oregon, you have to check out the Sylvia Beach Hotel, a wonderful place to stay.
Thanks Esther....sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I am in Los Angeles now, at my daughter's house, and it's just too warm for me here.
I've been in Los Angeles for the past week, at my daughter's house. Looking at her plants and trying to figure out what's going on with them is DEFINITELY absorbing. Hope I can get up to speed, pronto! My name is janice, sanz is my last name, hence my member name. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, I haven't been to San Francisco in over 40 years, use to love to take the red eye up to the city for a long week end. when I lived in West Hollywood.
Many people say that San Francisco has lost its soul; things being so teched out and expensive. But no one will ever find me complaining. I was born there, and have and will always love it. janice

Ask a Question