Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Porridge is for winters!!!
Summers is all about mango shakes!!!!:D:ROFLMAO:

The heat really is horrible....... And I shudder to think how am I gonna bear that 45°C summer that is yet to come!:confused::giggle:

To eat porridge is to save money .. Mango shakes must be for all seasons! Lol! How can it be otherwise. The aroma and the flavour ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
To eat porridge is to save money .. Mango shakes must be for all seasons! Lol! How can it be otherwise. The aroma and the flavour ..
Only fresh mangoes are used so only for summers........:) besides, nobody likes a chilled shake in winters.
Porrigde is good source of carbs and fibers but I hope you are eating some green veggies and fruits along with it as well.....

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, vishu: I know! :p

I would think mangoes being such a delicacy, you must eat them preserved. Like tinned mangoes, dried mangoes.. LOL!

I might need some porridge today. Can only be good for you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Nope......
Preserves and stuff are not very much liked in India and is often considered unhealthy. Maybe cuz of extra sugar that is added to it.:unsure:
But mom does make tonnes of raw mango pickel but I prefer my grandmother's.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Vishu: get your grandma's recipe and you could start a business with it.. You never know. I don't like tinned stuff or dried fruits either or cooked fruits. Very revolting in my opinion. Fruits best eaten fresh. Of course, in some countries, this is virtually impossible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
My mother replicated my grandmother's technique but she never achieves that level of perfection. I guess nani has magical hands.:D
I understand that preserving has always been very important in cold countries...... But you know we live in hot area where there is always some sort of fresh source of food so we never felt the need of preserving and besides, preserved food spoils very easily here .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking forward to meeting old gardening pals and making new ones too on this forum
I live in South Buckinghamshire UK.
Beau is my bull dog and I am his mom
Hi beaus Mum , you've found them and I've found you!
Looking forward to catching up !!!!!:)
Gran ( Barbara )

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daisy: I'm so embarrassed - I have so many threads all over the site..

Ask a Question