Have you ever gotten plants off of Listia?

Reaction score
I have used Listia to auction different things off. I recently discovered that you can bid on seeds, rooted cuttings, all sorts of plants and various garden accessories and tools. Has anyone else ever tried this? If so, was it a good deal?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Is Listia something like Ebay? I often use a Polish version of Ebay and I must say that it's a great way to save some money! So far, I bought a few gardening-related things and seeds for a very reasonable price:)

Reaction score
I have never heard of Listia. I generally prefer to buy my plants locally, I always get good plants and in doing my shopping that way I am supporting the local growers. Once in awhile I will get something through the mail order but not very often.

Reaction score
Can't say that I've ever heard of Listia either and have to say that if it is anything like Ebay - there would be absolutely no way - that I would ever consider buying plants or seeds from them - as I prefer to buy mine from tried and tested suppliers that I know I can trust .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I have never heard of Listia either, so I will check it out, and see how it works. I have ordered both plants and seeds from growers on ebay, and have been very pleased with the results. Usually, I save money, plus get more seeds for the money, and they ship out much faster than the mail order seed companies ship.
I also go to my local Lowes Garden Center, and they always have specials, so I try to check there every week or so.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Although I haven't used Listia I have used EBay. I bought some hosta roots and jack-in-the-pulpit starts. I checked out their reviews. What I found was the starts were extremely small. I have found that it isn't a bad way to try or get plants that you can't get locally, but local is best even if it is more expensive.

Start finding out which of the Master Gardener's organizations in your general area is having a spring plant sale. This was the best selection and quality of plants I have ever seen at the cheapest prices. If it is a good sale you had better get there before they open because there will be a waiting line.

Reaction score
I always go to the sale at the botanical gardens, but I was interested in trying Listia since I already have an account with them. It is similar to e-bay in the sense that you bid on items that you want, but instead of using money you use points that you earn from items that you have traded. You may have to pay shipping fees, but quite often you can find items with free shipping.

Ask a Question