Have you ever given a plant a name?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
There is a Geranium on the market called Sylvia's Surprise. The lady in question is a friend of ours, however she did not name the plant. That was done by the company selling the plant.
I have bred a Geum which hopefully will make it in to commerce. Whether I get to name it or not though...........

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
There is a Geranium on the market called Sylvia's Surprise. The lady in question is a friend of ours, however she did not name the plant. That was done by the company selling the plant.
I have bred a Geum which hopefully will make it in to commerce. Whether I get to name it or not though...........

Welcome to Gardening Forums, recognise your name from the uk forum, did you forget your login over there, see you never posted? :)

Reaction score
Wow i can see there's a lot of creative minds at work! I haven't gotten around to naming any of my plants yet but who know what the future holds.

Reaction score
The only plant I've ever named was a huge aloe plant that I named Vera.
After the plant got too huge to move the pot, I gave it a name.
I just felt that a huge potted plant that weighs as much as a child should have a name.

Ask a Question