Growing Wheatgrass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
11.jpg

12.jpg

They need to grow about two inches higher, when the blades 'split' at the top, before they are ready to be harvested

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What kind of juicer do you have? I eat a lot of that stuff but wouldn't mind trying a juicer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of juicer do you have? I eat a lot of that stuff but wouldn't mind trying a juicer.

I use the 'Healthy Juicer', a manual masticating juicer which 'chews' the grass - it is specifically designed to juice wheatgrass and other greens but can also (if chopped finely) extract juice from hard vegetables. This juicer produces more nectar than an electric masticating juicer, and generates less heat as you, by hand, control the speed it rotates at which means the vitamins are less likely to be affected.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That does look like powerful food. Have you got recipes?

It works well when mixed with other fruits/vegetables and leafy greens which are juiced. Carrot and spinach is sweet when wheatgrass is added to it, but also apple, celery and kale. When wheatgrass is mixed with other juices or blended, its taste is not as strong so it can be used freely to supplement almost anything from the juicer.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I use the 'Healthy Juicer', a manual masticating juicer which 'chews' the grass - it is specifically designed to juice wheatgrass and other greens but can also (if chopped finely) extract juice from hard vegetables. This juicer produces more nectar than an electric masticating juicer, and generates less heat as you, by hand, control the speed it rotates at which means the vitamins are less likely to be affected.

I looked it up on Amazon, it has really good reviews and I like that it's hand crank. I don't know anything about juicers but have been on this health kick for a bit now so it's an investment I wouldn't mind making if there is more to it then just taste. I usually just make salads and use the greens mix with other food like salmon but is there more health benefit to drinking the juice rather then eating the sprouts or just easier to get the nutrition rather then having to eat it? Some stuff like bean sprouts is easy to eat but the grass stuff has to be chewed like a cow eating it's cud so I know the juice would be much better in that aspect.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked it up on Amazon, it has really good reviews and I like that it's hand crank. I don't know anything about juicers but have been on this health kick for a bit now so it's an investment I wouldn't mind making if there is more to it then just taste. I usually just make salads and use the greens mix with other food like salmon but is there more health benefit to drinking the juice rather then eating the sprouts or just easier to get the nutrition rather then having to eat it? Some stuff like bean sprouts is easy to eat but the grass stuff has to be chewed like a cow eating it's cud so I know the juice would be much better in that aspect.

The grass which grows from the grain sprouts is much more nutritious than the sprouted grains. It also contains chlorophyll, which has blood purifying effects. When juiced, the vitamins and minerals are more easily absorbed as it is in liquid form. The sprouts are ready in 2-3 days after soaking and repeatedly rinsing and draining the jar, and, if used to grow grass, take about 7 days. It is worth growing grass for the higher concentration of vitamins, but also because the sprouted grains, with the seed intact, are less easily digested. Chewing grass after harvesting does not extract considerable amounts of juice, so a juicer is recommended.

Ask a Question