Growing Frankenstein pumpkins in the feild

Reaction score
This will take you 3 1/2 months to grow just like any other pumpkins. Or, you can contact Cinagro farms at their website to order a few just in time for Halloween. To grow them in your garden you'll need to buy the plastic molds and encase the young pumpkin in it, as she continues to grow she will take on the form of the mold. Check out the square watermelon molds while your at it. What will they think of next?

Reaction score
I think I saw these on TV once. They are so fun. I've never done it, but I like looking at the results from other people's work. It just cracks me up. I don't think I want to do it as if I grew a big pumpkin I would want to bake it and eat it with honey and butter.

Reaction score
I think I saw these on TV once. They are so fun. I've never done it, but I like looking at the results from other people's work. It just cracks me up. I don't think I want to do it as if I grew a big pumpkin I would want to bake it and eat it with honey and butter.
Yes, Cinagro farms was showcased on Good Morning America or one of those early morning television programs some time ago. When I first saw the Frankepumpkin, I thought hey, why didn't I think of that? I haven't tried it yet, but we're planning on making pumpkin pies out of ours for Thanksgiving this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is amazing and yet it makes perfect sense. A plant will grow around what is blocking its path and if you put it in a mold, why would it not take on the shape of what it is growing in. I wish I would have thought of that myself so I could be the one making the money off of the idea!

Reaction score
Growing Frankenstein Pumpkins sounds like it would be great fun - in fact as I already grow unusual shaped fruit and vegetables - including square watermelons - I might now have start thinking about growing some Halloween Pumpkins next year too - especially as - apart from them being a novelty - unusual shaped vegetables generally sell well - if you take them to somewhere like a Farmers Market - as you can normally make quite a bit of extra money.

To be honest - although growing unusual shaped fruit and vegetables is great fun - its also a great if looking for a money making idea too and especially square watermelons - which because they are so rare and generally cost anything from $85- $300 in the stores - they are an extremely good choice for making some extra cash with - particularly as the cheapest I've heard of a square watermelon selling for so far - was $50 - with people willing to pay even more than that for one :)

Reaction score
I think the Mickey shaped fruit and vegetables that they grow at Disney World are so adorable.
f3f4925d08e47340cfe6721de61ac167.jpg

Ask a Question