Growing and supporting black raspberries

Reaction score
We have wild black raspberries growing all over the place. I am going to put some in the garden. My question is, what is the best way of growing, pruning, and supporting them?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have black raspberries along my back fence in the garden. They spread very easily and quickly. If you do not tend to them, they can easily take over. I have never needed to spray them for any pests either. Also, I have given several family members new sprouts for their backyards. Good luck!

Reaction score
I hadn't even heard of black raspberries before. I would have assumed they were blackberries if I hadn't googled it!

Reaction score
Black raspberries are one of my favorite fruits to eat. I pick them and eat them right of the vine sometimes. I love to eat them in cereals, oatmeal, slushies, ice cream, cobblers, etc. Do they not grow where you live or are they just not very popular?

Reaction score
Black raspberries are one of my favorite fruits to eat. I pick them and eat them right of the vine sometimes. I love to eat them in cereals, oatmeal, slushies, ice cream, cobblers, etc. Do they not grow where you live or are they just not very popular?

According to my googling they do grow wild in California (where I live) and the Pacific Northwest, but I've never seen then for sale at the store. Don't know why, unless maybe they don't keep as well as red ones or something.

Ask a Question