Googly Eyed Monster

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
How about this guy my daughter and I came across on a hike at Joshua Tree N.P.

IMG_6938.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you remember this garden is predominantly pinks and purples I'm sure iany decoration would be very tastefully done zigs;)

Can't see the stuff in the day, only glows green at night :D

Painted a Sheep's skull with it when I lived in Wales, that kept the locals out of the garden at night :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Does anyone remember Wilbur and Cyril (thankyou Beverley for the names), my goggly eyed monster. I'm afraid this magnificent Powton , and all the other names it has, is comingbto an end. Several of its tallest branches snapped in a windstorm 2 days ago and what is left isnt worth saving.
rps20181122_224733.jpg
rps20181122_224614.jpg
] Sad heh!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's sad to lose any plant, but when it's a mature tree that's been growing for many years it's loss is felt even more. :(

A couple of months ago I had a 60ft Scots Pine felled. A beautiful tree that was leaning quite badly and wasn't safe to leave standing.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Enough to give you nightmates:confused::eek:View attachment 15741Can anyone else see him? I'm hoping that when I go back down this morning in daylight he'll be gone, that is, it will just look like a normal tree to me.:p....instead of a horned, googleyeyed, confused thing lurking in my garden. Actually, he probably looks quite harmless:rolleyes:....most likely trying to hide:love:
Yes i can see him, but what about those green eyes in the purple flowered bush just in front of him.:eek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I must say you had me guessing for a while Logan but I eventually spied the green eyes down low. ....Keeping an eye on what is going on;). I've got till early January to come to terms to saying farewell to this tree:cry:, the little bushy fella in the front will have to run for cover:eek::rolleyes:o_O;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I obviously couldn't bring myself to say goodbye so now, 9 months later, i finally arranged for our wonderful woodsman to chop all but this solitary trunk which will soon burst out in bloom. Most likely its last hoorah but i just had to let it strut its stuff whilst there is stuff to strut, wouldn't you agree.
rps20190905_180235.jpg

Ask a Question