Black eyed Susan floppy after planting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I just bought a beautiful Goldsturm. It isn't yet booming, but has many large green flower buds. I planted it yesterday, and today the while plant is floppy and sagging! :( I poked my finger into the soil at base, and it is plenty moist, so I don't think it needs water. Or?
Today's weather was hot and sunny part of the day, then became cloudy and will soon sprinkle a bit.

Also, I have a sort of mini Shasta daisy. After planting, the plant looks okay, but the flowers have turned brownish and dead-looking. It also has enough damp soil.

How please can I help my Goldsturm and Shasta? Thank you in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Agree with the others. Also, I would remove the dead-looking flowers so your daisy won't be spending extra energy on them. I think they'll be fine. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
By this morning, the Goldsturm looks vigorous and upright again. Thank you. That was scary!

I'm off to deadhead the little Shasta daisy, so it will use it's energy better. Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Well, Goldsturm has flopped again, and the soil is still too moist to water. The leaves remain green, and despite flopping, the plant oddly looks healthy. I hope the transplant shock settles and my sweet Go.dsturm recovers soon. It is in a lovely full sun spot, the weather has been pleasant, and it is all nicely mu.ched in.
I will keep an eye on it this week.

Ask a Question